15 Shots of Colourful Georgetown

While black and white photos are alluring and timeless, it's hard to ignore the colours of Georgetown. Handpicked 15 shots of what I think were the best of the crop in my Fujifilm X100s. 

Trishaw and man.
Locked.
A colonial door along Beach Street.
Yellow fire hydrants in Penang are turning red. Here's one that is still yellow found at Padang Kota Lama.
Wall graffiti and street art are everywhere in Penang. Here's a bad-ass whale after a bad ass.
Wire art adorning the vintage weather-worn walls of Georgetown.
At the back alley, God of Prosperity is safe guarding the residents' wealth.
A local grocery store. I used to patronize chai diam ma like this when I was a kid before giant malls sprouted. I slept in the same pink baby cradle too.
A worker doing his job early in the morning.
A barber shop. I wonder how many more shops have this red-blue-white striped bar these days.
The tourist industry boomed. Souvenir shops sprouted too. Here's a shop that sells all kinds of owls imaginable.
Seeing this made me smile. A teapot with a hairdo.
A still purple lotus at a corridor on a busy street.
Another street art juxtoposed against a torn wall and old window in Georgetown. I am no minion fan.
Posted this in a black and white version but I thought, the colours gave the photo some nostalgic feeling.
Street photography of Georgetown, Penang.

captured on 16 August 2014, Saturday
with Fujifilm X100s
by Danielle Fung

Comments