Those Yummy Edibles Called Cakes

Blessed are they who work with food. I'm not a chef but through out the years at work, I get to work with chefs. They bring out the best of food and whatever cuisine they represent and interpret and I bring out the best in what they have to offer.

Over time, I make friends with some chefs and it's great to meet talented people and learn something new.

All right, here are some awesome cakes to share. 10 types of cakes and a little description of what it means.



1. Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake

2. Black Forest Cake

I have often heard and eaten a Black Forest Cake but what on earth is it? Typically, you can identify a Black Forest Cake through multiple layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and cherries.
Black Forest Cake

Love the composition of this Black Forest Cake.

3. Tiramisu

This one has an Italian origin. Apart from the normal cake ingredients like egg yolks and whites, Tiramisu is made of "ladyfingers" (some form of fingery biscuits) dipped in Mascarpone cheese.
Tiramisu! 

4. Chocolate Mud Cake

I figured a Mud Cake isn't made of mud! Duh! From what I have read, it seems to give credit to Mississippi and is also know as mud pie. Moist, crumbly and dense, aye, I remember having eaten some mud pies before.
This Chocolate Mud Cake is done so gorgeously. It looks like an art in itself. So posh. 

Another angle of Chocolate Mud Cake.

5. Chocolate Fudge Cake

What's a Fudge Cake? Okay, Ms. Noob found out that it's a cake containing fudge - similar to a brownie.
The texture of this Chocolate Fudge Cake makes me so hungry. 

6. Chocolate Mousse Cake

Again, I had to Google the term "Mousse Cake". Interesting to find out that it's a flourless cake that's airy and fluffy and light in texture.
Tada! Chocolate Mousse Cake!

7. Butter Cake



8. Cheese Cake


Comments