New Year, New Steamboat at New House

It's finally a little different this year! We did steamboat at home. Hurray!

A week leading to Chinese New Year, mom and aunt were busy buying ingredients for the steamboat. Our whole family got into a shopping frenzy to buy seafood, pork balls and vegetables from Tesco to wet markets.

We went in at 5 pm to start preparing and aunts and cousins began pouring in on the first day of Chinese New Year.
Most of my family members were here. It's great to know my giant sofa can accommodate so many buttocks.
The food we bought over a whole week.
At the bar, we set up two stoves and got things boiling.
The highlight of Chinese New Year - everyone queued up for red packets from my brother and sister in law.
And we continued whacking available food.
One. Two. Action!
My bro and I. Not making sense - we both.
Bro and Aunt
We continued the evening with card games and movies in dimmed light.
And after card games, we ended the night placing Doraemons on his time travel machine.
Hurray! Doraemon completed our Chinese New Year.
I spent a lot of time with friends and best friend and every day since the new year has dawned has been a busy but fulfilling one. I truly regret not being able to meet up all my friends though. Whoever I met during this holiday, I really cherished the great time.

At the beginning of the year, I already sense the power of the Horse. With good news coming in one by one. Pray that this little piggy continue to do good.

Blessed 2014 to all!

Comments