Ipoh Mari

This is a throwback post. Back in 2010, I visited Dave in Ipoh and he took me around. He shall always be credited for being the one who encouraged me to backpack and travel and to quit living under a coconut shell.

I recalled, I recalled, during that trip - my first one to Ipoh, I was treated to the famous chicken rice. We went to a bar and had some beers and watched Arsenal on tv. We went to a couple of temples and caves too. We went to Indulgence, a fine dining restaurant and did our catching up, filling up each other on the details of our lives over coffee. A true one day trip.

One of my favourite photos of all times. Caught Dave trying to snap a photo with his handphone.
Dragonflies are in my list of favourite living things. Here's a red one. Found in a huge green garden in Ipoh.
At the entrance of Kek Lok Toong, a cave in Ipoh, there were tiny little sculptures of buddhas. Here's a shot of happy buddha.
Thousand arms Buddha.
Outside of a very famous dim sum restaurant in Ipoh, a child was happy walking balloons of a dog and a panda.

Here's the skinny me caught in action by Dave with my Nikon D60.
Looking at the photos now, I'm happy with the good shots. Even happier, to know I'm blessed to have a good friend for life.

Comments