The Road to Wealth



I'd written an account of how I felt not being able to run in the past months. Now here I am, about to embark on a written journey of how I would survive a dozen days without money.

Since yesterday, I noticed some symptoms on myself:

  1. Credit card failed me
  2. Debit card failed me
  3. Cash in pocket drying up fast
  4. Parasiting on friends' pockets >.<
  5. Having to pay RM1 suddenly feels too much
  6. Heart cringing
  7. Tears dropping
  8. Deep breathing
  9. Hyperventilating on every new item that I have to pay now

Transitioning into 30, I find it hard to take it easy. Always a careful planner, it's tough to accept. Where have I gone wrong in financial planning? A rhetorical question. Perhaps it's more consoling to say "Shit happens." BUT I'm shan't sweep it under the carpet. Instead, after some reflections, I certainly think I can do better.

In a sense, I can say that I make it hard for myself. I consciously choose not to take up a loan despite having money shoved into my pocket. Yes, learning to say, "No!" Armed with a belief that God isn't going to let me handle something I cannot handle, I decided to go through this by biting the bullet.

I had long forbidden myself from writing emo posts. As emo as I can possibly go, I noticed the meals and coffee on my table and suddenly I don't feel so money-less anymore. 

I'm writing to organize my thoughts before it overflows in my brain and to see what drama would enfold. If at the end of the 12 days, it doesn't fall in the drama genre then it's going to be either a documentary or a romantic comedy of an interesting chapter in my life that I won't want to forget. 

In case you wonder why romantic comedy, I have a feeling that some years down the road, I would look back at today and laugh at myself.

Parasiting activity detected at Mugshots. Thanks Viv! Grateful for friends and even more grateful to my family.

This must be one of the best burgers I've had. Keyword - flavourful! Stacks Burger at Siam Road. Thanks, Jenn!
Here was another. A guilty pleasure. Generous treat from Charles.
For now, thank you for reminding me that I have more than this RM1. I have friends of gold and family to hold.

1 November 2013

I survived the days with very little money spent. And I'm glad my pay is out and my bills are paid. 

Comments