7 Things I Recalled When I Recalled Suzhou

What inspired me to write this is a cabbage fritter. Funny how food can bring back memories and before I knew it, I wrote a whole post on Suzhou.

And before I knew it, I got nostalgic all over again recalling cold wintry days alone in Suzhou. Despite all that, it was a truly peaceful time for me - no burden, no worries only quiet peaceful times.

1. Cabbage fritter.


2. Pingjiang Lu.
Dave gave me the instructions to head here and tada amazing race - I found the place. It was also the place where I found the fritter. 

3. Artisans
Artisan who makes very real models of your face. Always impressed by artisans. By the way, not all artisans are friendly though. I tried to snap some photos of one of the stall and I was told off.

Pingjiang Lu is definitely one of the touristy streets in Suzhou. Not like I managed to roam much places due to limited time available. It was fun walking down the lane. 

4. Canals and boats and idle life.
Typical canals and street scenes in China. People live their lives by the river. 

5. I grossed out by the river and things they do with it.
River - the source of food and also the place to wash garments and brush teeth. Everything takes place here. Indeed, water is the source of life.

6. Heritage.
An explanation of the Hu Xiangshi Bridge. A lot of heritage items around and this is one of them.

7. Active old people.
There's something I love about the old folks in China. They are very outdoor.



Comments