Things the Burmese Do for a Living

First time in Yangon, Myanmar has so much to offer in terms of food, culture and lifestyle. Since I only started travelling actively last year, I would say Myanmar is a place like no other - in a good way, of course. 

In my personal observation, I find this a very poor country but what amazes me is not their poverty, it's their resilience in making ends meet and live a life. When I saw the smiles on their faces, it means life goes on. Live it with a smile.

Glad to have a camera with me. Here's some of the stuff the Burmese do for a living.

On the street, Burmese sell all kinds of food. It's almost a market in its own rights.
Flowers for sale. So pretty and lovely.
I wasn't sure if they are really binding books. I saw tobacco on the desk.
Lovely pineapple themed cart. Must be the Burmese version of Rojak.
More preserved fruits here. 
I really like this one. Betel leaf and fresh concoction of tobacco, I think. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Burmese are mobile and they move about. They can sell things anywhere. Here at the train station, a girl sits on the floor to sell fresh big oranges.
During my train ride, I must admit there is much to see. This one's selling food.
Peddler selling at the railway station.
Heading off a train, a peddler would hop on and off a train to sell whatever they have to offer. and frequently balancing their products and the bumpy train ride.
A boy selling cigarettes would have been a big issue back home in Malaysia. I can't help feeling for the Burmese kids in making ends meet.
A peddler sitting in the middle of the train selling some snacks.
Outside of a train station, this is another stall.
So captivated by this girl's beauty. So lovely and innocent.
Another florist. So different from Malaysia.
Found him walking on the highway. Wonders how many kilometers he walks in a day.
Selling brooms too and a cute Minnie Mouse shirt on him.
Vegetables for sale.
In the taxi, we found this boy selling law books in the middle of the road. Again, captivated by his good looks. Must be the powder on his cheek.

Comments