My Life as a Hong Konger

Funny at home, we chide at the thought of 1 Malaysia. The truth is I lost count of how many times, when my heart screamed, "Aku Anak Malaysia" and its's funnier that I had to be travelling to feel this way.

Just what if I was a Hong Konger? Life would be quite different from what I am now. Let's explore.

For a start, I would yum cha with my paternal family. Awesome!
Mom and I took a flight together. My very first trip to Hong Kong - July 2012.
Took a bus to the city from the airport.
Upon arrival, this was my first impression of Hong Kong. Congestion and cramp. It was very alive and scary even.
Wide road and I'd never seen so many people in my life and it was pretty late by the time we got here.
Living in Hong Kong means taking mini buses! Very cute and small and they are everywhere.
Living in Hong Kong would mean seeing skyscrapers and being in a concrete jungle. 
Location check. Nullah Road.
Living in Hong Kong means book a table and yum cha! Restaurants are everywhere. Unlike in Penang, we go for mamaks and kopitiams. 
This has to be my favourite dessert. The Gwei Fa Gou. Translucent jelly with Goji Berries and a wonderful flowery fragrance.
Here's a pot of tea. The true yum cha ala Hong Kong.

Comments