The First Times in 2012

As 2012 is drawing to an end, here, I count my year long blessings. I do have a long list to be grateful about. In the words of the manifesto...
"This is your life.
Do what you love and do it often."
via "The Holstee Manifesto"

I reckon, I won't know what I love unless I start trying to experience it. I figured I love running and I will keep on running.

Travel

  1. A first trip to China
  2. Roaming at the ancient town of Tongli
  3. A first trip to Hong Kong.
  4. First time meeting my paternal family in Hong Kong
  5. A first time backpacking alone in Langkawi on my birthday which turned out to be the most awesome in my 28 years of life
  6. A first time travelling overseas alone to Bali and did a half marathon and made some really wonderful friends

Run

  1. A first 25km run - Newton at the hilly Puchong
  2. 25km run on 1 January 2012 - The Newton Run
  3. A first time running with my dearest brother.
    At the KRI Ipoh Run with my brother, though the true first time running with him was Taiping.
  4. A first run in Bali.
    A first half marathon in Bali
  1. A first run in Bukit Mertajam
  2. A first run in Taiping
  3. A first run in Ipoh
  4. First Run in Ipoh. The KRI Run. Stayed at the Tunes Hotel.
  5. A first run to Shanghai Airport, Shanghai
  6. A first run by the Westlake of Hangzhou
  7. A first run in winter
  8. A first full marathon
  9. A first full marathon - Penang Bridge International Marathon

Life & Friends

First time dressing up as a school girl. LOL.
First time hanging out with my girlfriends for my birthday. Complete with a first theatrical experience at the PenangPAC.
First time to volunteer to hang lanterns during mid-autumn festival. It was random.
  1. A first brand new home of mine
  2. A first time with hair so long. Mourning over my aunt's death. She was a hairdresser and I made it a point not to cut my hair.
  3. 2011 and 2012. Oh so long.
  4. A first time being 52kg.
  5. A first time having an alcohol picnic by the sea.
  6. A first time watching a movie, Ted, on an iPad with an external speaker complete with drinks and food under the stars by the beach.
  7. A first time winning a 40 inch LCD TV.
  8. A first time meeting bestie's wife.
  9. How great to meet again.
  10. First time staying in a hotel with my friends.
  11. At Hard Rock with my brothers. It's a shame to be 28 and it's my first holiday with my friends but better late than never.

Goals of 2012

  1. Do a first full marathon - check
  2. Do 5 romantic dates - failed. Managed 2 romantic ones though. My conclusion is, it's easier to run than to do 5 romantic dates.
That one rare day, I could dress up, make up and looked forward to dating someone. One heck of a romantic date.

Comments