The West Lake of Hangzhou

The legendary West Lake does live up to its reputation. It has to be the most beautiful lake I have ever seen in my life. 

What can I say? The winter was beautiful and chilly. The mist and the drizzle made it so romantic and poetic. The West Lake is indeed an oriental beauty.

My love for it, I don't think words can justify. How I wish I could do the Hangzhou International Marathon which I couldn't.
Self-portrait in Hangzhou.



The Hangzhou train station.
On a train to Shanghai Hong Qiao Station. Very scenic and peaceful.
Hangzhou greeted my arrival with a drizzle.
My first impression of the West Lake. Dull and misty - totally mystical. There's so much beauty in this monotony.
It does look like those Chinese ink painting except that it was real. Saw it with my own eyes.
Touristy thing. :P
A bit speechless at how beautifully poetic Hangzhou looks.
Another angle.
Three Pools Mirroring the Moon. It's supposedly famous that it's the image of one of the yuan notes.
Love this shot. It was so misty, you could walk on water. Think I might just print on canvas and hang it on my wall.
My deepest regret is I don't know Chinese to know where I was and what things meant.
This must be Three Pools Mirroring the Moon. I can read the "Three".
Beautiful Hanging Willows on a rainy wet day.
West Lake.
Location check. Beishan Road.
Men admiring the beauty of West Lake.
Some temple, I think.
This has to be one of my favourite shots.
Some monument.
Again, misty lake. :)
Some painting.

Some willows.
Enjoyed my sight seeing, West Lake is so big. How I wish I could stroll this with a lover. Gonna be so romantic.
Floating restaurant! Soooooooo gorgeous.

A sampan and its reflection.
Reflection of some leaves on a lake.
It's antique. Some royal column. I was walking on a royal hall!
There were so many musuems in China. Here's one of them.
There was a Chinese artist who painted like a French.
Misty all over due to the rain and cold winter.
Mother and son at play. A very cheeky boy here.
Willows

"I've never traveled to Hangzhou's West Lake But seem to have met it in my dreams someplace: A vague and indistinct expanse of water and clouds Where lotus leaves merge with weeping-willow branches." —Huang Zunxian (1848–1905), excerpts from A Trip to Lake Abundant (translation by Jerry Dean Schmidt)[7]

Comments