Mingtown Hangzhou International Youth Hostel

Dave recommended that I spend two nights in HangZhou and when I checked the date, my head went, "Time flies." Two nights meant, I needed to leave Shanghai the next day and that meant, "Goodbye to Dave and Rena".

Packed my bag heavy heartedly that evening. God knows when I would see Dave and Rena again. I called the Inlake International Youth Hostel to make a booking. When I touched down, the taxi driver sent me to Mingtown instead, of course I wasn't aware since I can't read Chinese. I stood at the door staring at the signage and someone mumbled, "Just go in." 

So I stepped into the reception feebly. It was raining outside - winter - and I was told by the reception that I went to the wrong hostel. My brain went, "Go with the flow." So I stayed at Mingtown for the next couple of days.

To be frank, Mingtown was a cosy place. My dorm cost RM30 or RMB60 a bed a night. There's kitchen, common area to chill out, proper security system, receptionists that speak good English and very guiding and know what to recommend.

On my last day, I checked out before noon and was allowed to leave my luggage at the reception for free.
Tada! This is a place called home for 3 days!
Reception on one side and the dorm on the other.
On a closer look, there's good security system implemented. How wonderful.
Look! Camwhore! Here's the common shower.
On the shower, there's hot water. It's such a consolation in cold wintry days.
This is the corridor to the dorm. Pardon the backlight but it is a very clean and comfortable place.
Again, security for the dorm itself. It's really more than I can ask for.
Here's the dorm. Felt great to swing open a door to find such cosiness.
On the bed and room, all roomies were cool. In my entire trip, I was happiest sleeping here because there are human beings around. My fear of ghosts is too great. T.T Yes, I am a pariah backpacker. On a side note, this is a mixed dorm - guys and girls can be your roomie but I really don't see any issues in that. The roomies I had were friendly and chilling.
Mingtown Cafe, yes, they have a nice cafe to make sure you don't go hungry.
I ordered a latte and a lasagne here. The lasagne took forever to arrive. Oh, my poor hungry tummy. Came back the next day for brekkie but to my horror, they served only American breakfast, which to me, didn't have sufficient carbo. I had to head out for a heavier breakfast. By standard of service, I find it pretty poor. Guess, they could be more proactive though I must say that they were friendly.
This is the one last Chinese thing I did before leaving China. Tsing Tao. Cheers! :)

Comments